Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Take a minute

What a busy week it's been! I'm sure everyone else's holidays have been jammed with things too - this year I'm really missing family gatherings though we do have a lovely selection of Christmas cards from friends and family. But the thing that made my holiday stand out was a trip to London! One of my good friends stayed with us for a week over Christmas, and we did some nice touring in Oxford (tea, Pitt Rivers, that good stuff) and then wrapped it up by spending two days in the big city before her flight back home yesterday.
I'm a small-town kid (even though the doctor insists my hometown isn't really that small), and London flat-out has TOO MANY PEOPLE in it. And I've never been pushed so many times in my life! That being said, there are many lovely buildings and things to see, and I'd like to go back with a bit more daylight (winter just doesn't have enough sun in a day) and cram more things in. We got to see the big stuff: Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben. We rode the Eye too, and our hotel room had a great view of the Shard. It was also bordered by about six or eight train lines, so that wasn't quite so picturesque! In any case, it was good to finally see the city, and I was glad to share it with a good friend too.
Now that all the holiday bustle is winding down - and big work projects are looming large for January - I have a few days to cram in some yarncraft! The doctor gifted me with a number of knitting-related goodies, and I still have a number of other projects on the go so hopefully we'll get a chance to sit and enjoy a bit of quiet time before it's back to work in 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good visit! Hope you're able to find a balance between work and yarncraft in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by "balance" I know you mean "more yarncraft" ;)

      Delete