Friday, December 19, 2014

Slacker

I won't lie, this last week has been totally nutty! I've been pulled in like ten directions. 'Tis the season, I do believe!
I have about four projects on various needles and hooks (oops, five), and I've been working on cheering up our flat with some handmade decorations as we clearly are starting with nothing - when you move countries, you don't often bring your Christmas decorations...unless you have really special ones but of course I broke my really special one last year. Hmph. ANYway. Thankfully the "dollar" store here (Poundland) has decent stuff so we're working with that and whatever I can speed-crochet. Garlands aplenty!
And of course last weekend we headed to Ireland for the doctor's birthday; we stayed in Belfast for two nights and had an absolutely awesome time! We explored the city, went to their Christmas market (read: German sausages everywhere and an actual pop-up beer hall with full steins of Paulaner beer on tap) and enjoyed the incredible lights in the city centre, went on a day-long Game of Thrones tour of the surrounding area with a tour guide who's an extra on the show (totally awesome!), hit up the Titanic museum (because of course), and had amazing food all weekend. Sweet bonus: we managed to find a pub with actual live music. We sat right beside a trio of musicians (a banjo, a mandolin, and a hand drum) and got to enjoy some excellent Irish beer and excellent Irish music. Even snagged some Irish stew the day we left, on the biggest bap (bun) that I've EVER seen. I know it wasn't my birthday but it almost felt like it! I love our trips.

 I have every intention of getting back to my yarncraft-related posts; in fact, I'm hoping to write my very own pattern for a headband that I've got going right now! For those of you just itching to hear more about knitting, more is indeed on the way!

2 comments:

  1. Which ornament did you break? I just realized I have none from mom and dad. I'm thinking of the egg one and the bunny in a pink rocking chair (I think that one was mine?).
    Poundland sounds WAY better than Dollarama.
    I'm glad the trip was a success! Hopefully you start feeling better soon.
    You've been coming up with some really great pieces, keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernice got me a beautiful little Belle ornament from Disneyworld and it fell and smashed on my fireplace last year as I was cleaning or something. I don't have any from Mom and Dad either, I figure it's parent privilege to keep their ornaments haha.
    Yup, I just keep blowing my nose and drinking whole pots of tea....we'll get there! Better to be sick before Christmas than during it though so I'm pretty lucky.
    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete