Saturday, December 27, 2014

Happy holidays!

Another long-overdue post, and this one's a short one before I head out to London! For a Canadian, Christmas implies some level of snow, and here there's green grass and blossoming trees (though I hear the unseasonable warmth in central Canada is throwing things off too), so we've had a job of work convincing ourselves it's actually December here! We've had a lovely Christmas though - a friend of mine joined us for a week here, and I made way too much delicious food. Classic holiday.
Yesterday was the Selfish Sweater KAL hosted by Andi Satterlund, and I gleefully cast on her Aiken pattern in a lovely purple-blue aran heather while we watched Star Trek. Pretty much a perfect day right there!
I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday - even if it's going a little differently than usual, I hope you're finding the excellence in wrapping up one year and gearing up for a new one. Happy almost new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment