Monday, December 15, 2014

Hot tea, cold drafts

Sadly I'm still feeling under the weather; we went to Ireland over the weekend and my cold kind of abated temporarily (aside from nose-blowing) but the dryness of our hotel room seemed to make things worse and today I am definitely in slow motion.
So what does one do when laid up with a cold? Apparently put up the double-glazing film in the kitchen window...oh wait, no...that's just me picking odd tasks. Our kitchen is easily the coldest room in the house and I'm hoping the window film will help a little, though there are very obvious drafts coming in at the corner under the counter...not sure what's up there. In any case, I'm almost positive that totally sapped my day's allotment of energy, though it's not quite noon.
I'll post something much more exciting when I'm not at such a low ebb - Ireland is full of lovely sheep and the aran sweaters over there are incredible - but for now, it's chicken soup and pots of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment