Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ribbit

I set myself to frogging a sweater yesterday, and that sounds sad and all but this particular sweater has been waiting for frogging for at least a year and a half. Probably longer. For those of you going, you did what?! "frogging" your knitting just means you undo it. I've been told it's called "frogging" because it makes a ribbit sound as you pull up the stitches. This yarn (Cascade Eco, so soft and lovely) is a little too sticky for that - as I pulled the knitting apart, the fibres tended to bind a little bit. There was some pulling, but no name-calling - it's not that sticky. So the yarn on the left and right is from the sweater (which was knit with the wrong size needles and ended up being twice as wide...oops), and the lovely shiny exciting stuff in the middle is some fantastic novelty yarn I've had for three or four years. I haven't had the heart to break into it just yet but I think it's time. I think these yarns are going to be fabulous friends in a new cowl.
On a slightly unrelated note, I get my groceries delivered here; it's a great option for me since we don't have a car and I loathe pack-muling loads of groceries around. I've done it before, and it's brutal. Anyway, I order them online and they show up, it's lovely. Except for when I ended up with whole shrimp for our pad thai. Let's be clear: these are cooked, but full-bodied shrimp. Eyes, legs, the whole thing. Honestly, I almost considered getting my husband (aka the doctor) to pick up shrimp from the store on his way home so I didn't have to deal with the scary nightmare bag of bodies on my counter. But I put my big girl pants on and dismembered 0.3 kg of shrimp and was able to show off a pile of body parts when the doctor got home. I know he was proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment