Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A thought on jobs

I'm pretty new to the whole self-employed thing, and let's be honest, it's not even my full-time job. While saving money for our wedding, I worked two jobs for about seven months and that seems to have stuck; I always have fingers in too many pies. It's safe to say that if I could be hired to quote old Simpsons episodes and listen to rock music, I'd be raking it in, but everyone knows it's the greatest challenge of adulthood to find a job you love. ANY job - motherhood included of course - presents the wildest demands at some point, and you find yourself wondering just how you got saddled with this mess. Finding a happy place in employment is an ongoing mission of mine, and while I was wedding planning I stumbled across A Practical Wedding, which has so much more than just wedding discussions. This blog post by their founder pretty much nails it; Meg is a great writer and I often find her advice inspiring and encouraging, partially because she pulls no punches and is very honest.
I'm going to keep this post in mind as I frog the edging on a sweater today. I do love what I do, and it's a wonderful thing that I get to yarncraft every day - whether it's for the shop or just for me and the doctor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment