Thursday, February 19, 2015

Visit post

On my second coffee, large and fluffy kitty at my side, listening to Temple of the Dog. Just about to pick up my knitting. It might be the best Thursday ever...or at least, in a while. While here in Canada, I'm staying with one of my good friends who owns a small collection of pets, and I've really missed the cat love. I'm pretty sure they didn't initially remember me because before I left they were definitely not this cuddly! I know one of them remembers me now because I'm the one who doesn't give out treats and she's not a fan of that. But this floufster is good pals with me from time to time, and she's just wishing I'd let her on my lap. Sorry honey.


I've been working on a few different projects, though I planned to knit much much more...because I am overly ambitious and forgot about all the other stuff I'm doing out here. However, I'm about 3/4 through a baby blanket, and a wee bit of the way through a scarf that's my own pattern - cable on the left side, and slip stitch in the rest so that it kind of looks like ladders. I'm using Fyberspates and it's lovely and gorgeous but it's also very fine, and it's taking a long time to knit up. I won't lie, I'm a chunky knits girl at heart.
I'm only here for a little longer, and then it's back on the plane...with LOTS more yarn than when I came. I did some "shopping" in my own stash and have a pile of Bernat Satin, some burgundy Phentex, and some gold Bernat Super Value, and aside from all that, my mom and I went to a local yarn shop and got me some birthday yarn (my birthday is in April but I won't be here for it): Louet Euroflax in Shamrock. It is gorgeous linen yarn, and the most beautiful deep green. I can't wait to knit something with it!
In the meantime, it's blanket-finishing day. I'm set on it. And then...blanket #2. The sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment